As more people turn to medical marijuana to treat various health conditions, it is becoming more pressing to respond to many concerns surrounding marijuana products, intake methods, extraction methods, and legality. Every consumer wants to be as updated as possible about this therapeutic substance before making purchase decisions. One aspect most people want to learn about is the different components of cannabis that are available or recommended for medical treatment—which leads us to this million-dollar question: Is CBG oil better than CBD?
CBD vs. CBG oil
First thing first, cannabigerol (or CBG) is a non-acidic cannabinoid that is produced when a cannabigerolic acid (CBGA) molecule is heated. CBGA naturally converts to CBCA, CBDA, and THCA. When subjected to heat, these compounds convert into CBC, CBD, and THCA. CBG is usually considered as a minor cannabinoid because it occurs in the cannabis plant in very low amounts—1% or less of the total plant’s weight. Because of its low concentration, complex extraction methods are often required when extracting CBG oil.
Both CBG and CBD are non-psychoactive compounds, which imply that they don’t produce the ‘high’ feeling that is often associated with THC. Like CBD, CBG is linked to a wide range of potential benefits due to its unique interaction with the endocannabinoid system. Compared to CBD and THC, research on the full potential benefits of CBG is still in its early phases. Below are some useful links to preliminary findings:
- Lowering inflammation: CBG has the potential to help people suffering from conditions like joint pain, arthritis, and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
- Support for anxiety, including social anxiety.
- Boost appetite, making it useful for people with eating disorders like anorexia.
- Killing resistant bacteria like such as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Treating glaucoma, thanks to its vasodilator and neuroprotective properties
- Support bladder health: A past study tested 5 different cannabinoids to establish which one was more potent for supporting healthy muscle contraction within the bladder. CBG proved more effective.
- Support brain health: CBG has powerful antioxidant properties and acts as excellent support for the central nervous system. A past study looked at the potential of CBG to preserve neurons neurodegenerative diseases such as Huntington’s disease and the findings look promising.
As you can see, many potential benefits of CBG tend to overlap with those of CBD. So, which oil should you use?
Well, one of the most important facts that you should remember when choosing between these oils is that the compounds may react with everyone differently. Some people may have better results with oils containing CBD while others with oils that have high levels of CBG. So, the only way to figure out whether to go for CBG or CBD oil is to try them both and see for yourself.
In fact, instead of thinking about CBG versus CBD, you should start to think about CBD plus CBG because the two compounds are better together than apart. Research even shows that the effects of the two cannabinoids are enhanced when they are combined. When CBD is used alongside CBG, these non-intoxicating cannabinoids create an entourage effect to bind the cannabinoid receptors and stimulate the production of endocannabinoids for a balanced state of body and mind.
Where to buy CBD or CBG oil
There are several options when it comes to buying CBD oil but CBG is considerably new in the market. It can, therefore, be quite daunting to figure out the right sources with products that will actually work for you. The best companies are those that offer a selection of whole-plant, full-spectrum CBG oils, and salves that have been tried and proven to enhance the lives of users. IHF CBG oil, for instance, stocks CBD and CBG oils as well as products that contain a blend of the two compounds. Check the range of their products here: https://industrialhempfarms.com/buy-cbg-cannabigerol-oil/
As our general knowledge of cannabinoids expands, so will be our understanding of their benefits. While CBD oil is currently the front runner, the benefits of CBG are very promising. Whatever oil you choose, strive to start with small dosages as you work your way up until you get what delivers the effects you are looking for.